The WCTE Board is currently accepting applications for a new editor who will lead the direction of WEJ and foster an exciting and lively discourse within the English teaching community.
We are looking for someone who has a real passion for excellent research and the ways in which teachers can connect and learn from each other. Becoming an editor is a rewarding and fulfilling experience where you will build your networks, promote the research that you are passionate about, and serve English teachers in Wisconsin and beyond.
The editor is an appointed, unpaid position for a term of three years and shall:
• belong to WCTE
• recruit an editorial team (and may continue the terms of those already in place)
• establish the theme and format of the journal
• read and critique articles submitted to the journal and give advice concerning acceptance, rejection, and/or work that needs to be completed for submitted documents.
• facilitate the actual publication of the journal under the direction of the board
• chair an annual meeting of the WEJ editorial team.
WEJ will maintain an editorial advisory board charged with:
• reading and critiquing articles submitted to the journal and give advice to the editor concerning acceptance, rejection, and/or work that needs to be completed before acceptance
• submitting articles concerning policy of the WCTE to the WEJ and also concerns that the WCTE wishes to highlight to its members
• attending a yearly meeting as determined by the WEJ editor
• belonging to WCTE
Applicants should send a letter of introduction explaining their qualifications, interests and vision. Submit your letter to the WCTE President, Kelly Seefeldt, at firstname.lastname@example.org.